Sunday, June 24, 2012

What I've been up to lately

As I stated in the previous post, summer is in full swing here.  And I wanted to let you know what we/I have been up to lately.

Seeing how Mackenzie was going to the Other House for Father's Day we had cake and opened presents the night before.  The girls worked really hard on the bottles they gave to him.


Dad and his girls.

 The next day, Father's Day, we drove up to Waupaca, WI where Scott spent most of his childhood.  One of our favorite places up there is the Red Mill.  It sits right next to this little shallow creek.  I planned ahead and packed a change of clothes for the girls.  So they were able to play in the water without worry about them getting their clothes wet and us being 2 hours from home.


I rolled up my capris and joined them.

Me and my best friend.  You have no idea how much I love this man of mine.

This is one of my favorite pictures.  God creates such beautiful landscapes for us to enjoy.

I have been getting some crafting done in the meantime.  I am actually working on helping two friends with their fundraising efforts.  My dear friend Cherie has been crocheting hats and selling them with all the money going to a fantastic organization called Feed My Starving Children.  She has found a place that will carry and sell all the hats starting in August.  I have offered to help and came up with this little creation the other day.

I think this would look so cute on a newborn.

 My other friend Greta has a passion for helping the little ones over in Ethiopia.  Here is link to her blog Give me Your eyes.  Greta has traveled to Ethiopia on a mission trip once already and is planning to go over again.  This time she would like to take along their oldest son Caleb.  In order to do so they are going to have to come up with double the amount since the first time she went over.  This is where I (and so many others) come in.  Greta is setting up a craft show at our church in August.  I am so excited to help.  I have been collecting glass jars and bottles for quite some time.  Now I get to put them to good use.  Here are some of my creations.


Flower vases
More vases
Refrigerator spice jars.
I have so many more crafts to make before August.

So even though I'm not able to give you a daily update we have so many things going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment