Sunday, August 5, 2012

Submissive or Weak?


Today over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, Sandra wrote up a great post.  First, let me tell you that I really look up to Sandra even though we have never met.  She is such a great mom, awesome wife, faithful child of God and a daily inspiration.

Her post today was on whether or not we are submissive or weak when it comes to our husbands.  Sandra has such a great way with words that you just need to read it for yourself.


I may not get up at 4:30 a.m. to get Scott's breakfast ready, only in part because most days he doesn't need to leave until 8:00 a.m. or later.  There are things that I do for him that he is perfectly capable of doing himself.  Examples: refilling his soda spot in the fridge, put a new bar of soap in the shower for him, filling his plate first, bringing him a water while he's mowing the grass or weeding the garden.  As I sit here writing I can't even call this being submissive.  I call it serving.

Courtesy: Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

I love and respect my husband so much that I can't even put it into words.  I want him to know in everything that I do, I do it because I love him.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. - Ephesians 5:22

We serve the Lord, we are to serve our husbands. I could easily copy Sandra's post word for word, but I won't.  Make sure you go read it for yourself.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Anita, what you said about me means alot *hugs*

    Glad to see that there are so many wonderful women out there who feel the same way that I do.

    ReplyDelete