Friday, May 25, 2012

Brainstorming with God


The other day I had so many thoughts and ideas going through my head I couldn't think straight.  So I made the decision to find some time to sort everything out. Sitting in complete silence around here is next to impossible.  With 3 girls running around there is always something making noise, whether it's them, the dishwasher or the washing machine.  I had to settle for the "semi-quiet".  

I grabbed my homemaker binder, purple notepad, pen and water bottle.  With pen in hand I started scribbling notes fast and furious.  I wrote what was floating around in my head.  Then I did something I don't normally do.  I paused and asked God to put into my head anything I forgot.  Remembering Psalm 5:8 "Lead me in the right path O Lord...Make your way plain for me to follow."  I wanted God to point me to what He needs me to get done first.

It's not always easy to hear from God as to what He needs and wants us to do.  I recently heard a sermon about this at Hidden Valley Community Church (HVCC), I love this church.  You can watch it here.  Watch the April 22, 2012 video.

Knowing what God wants you to do means making ourselves available and it needs to be quiet enough to actually focus.  Is your house quiet enough today to hear what God has to say to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment