Saturday, May 26, 2012

Morning rain


 We only have cell phones in our house, no land lines.  So I always put my phone on the nightstand by the bed, just in case someone would need us in the middle of the night.  No one has ever needed us then but you never know.  My phone also acts as our alarm clock when we need to be up at a certain time.  I was awoken at 1:55 a.m. this morning to the sound of receiving not one, not two but three text messages.  All from one person.  If you are reading this you know who you are.  =)  Don't worry, I still love you.  She was letting me know that she wasn't going to be making it to our morning run.

The only reason she was up at that time was because a thunderstorm was rolling through her town.  Which only meant one thing.  The storm was headed to us next.  We live about 35 east of her.   I checked the radar quick and sure enough we were in for a storm.

We love thunderstorms here at our little place in Wisconsin.  For the next 5 hours I was awakened off and on by the thunder and lighting.

image from wsau.com
It was such a soothing storm.  Knowing we were getting some much needed rain brought me a strange sense of peace.  I knew that I was missing out on the sleep I was longing for to be in good shape for a 3 mile run later in the morning.  But I didn't mind.

The rest of the day has been dry but cloudy.  I'm hoping we will get another round of thunderstorms today.  I just love the bright lightening and big cracks of thunder.


How is the weather by you today?


1 comment:

  1. Hot as usual lol

    I do so love a good thunderstorm and unfortunately we don't get many around here :)

    ReplyDelete