Friday, August 3, 2012

Farmers Appreciation Day Parade


The city of Dodgeville, where I was born and raised, is a small farming community.  For as long as I can remember every year they have a parade to show the farmers how much we appreciate all that they do.  This year is the first time where I've been able to bring the girls back to Dodgeville so they could experience the parade with me.  They had so much fun.

We met up with my friend Sally, her husband Ryan and their little girls. 


Color guard.
My sweeties watching the parade.

I love this picture.  Did you know that I used to be on the volunteer fire department?

A big 'ol John Deere tractor.
After the parade we went up to the local park for other farm related activities, tractor pull etc.  Here are the girls playing in a "corn" box.  Such a neat idea.
Moo!!
Please remember to keep the farmers in your prayers.  Here in Wisconsin we are having an extreme drought.  Some farmers have lost a third of their crops already.

No comments:

Post a Comment