Saturday, April 21, 2012

Jars, jars, jars...everywhere you look you will see jars.

Last Spring I read a post by Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom about saving glass jars.  You can read it here.  I was like "Duh, why didn't I think about that?"  

So I started saving all the glass jars we emptied.   And then our neighbor across the street put out a box of empty Yankee Candle Co. jars, so I scooted across the street and brought the huge box home.  At first my husband thought I was crazy, until I started finding ways to put them to use.    And in the process I am organizing our house.


  Kitchen cabinet before


And after, so much more room.  And love being able to see what is in the jars.
 

All my beautiful jars just waiting to be put to good use.

 The little one holds my sewing pins and scissors.  Lexi helped me decorate it with pretty stars.  The big one holds the threads I clip off of sewing projects.  I plan on putting them outside for the birds to take and use in their nests.

 Marinading orange peels in vinegar to use in cleaners.
 They make really nice marker and change holders.
 Saving pop tabs to give to the Ronald McDonald House.
 I made a nice holder for the bamboo utensils and tongs I received for Christmas last year.
 Holding Box Tops for Mackenzie's school.
And finally, a really good way to keep the toothpaste corralled.


What other uses can you come up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment